Southampton Climbing SQUAD
At Southampton Climbing Wall we are proud to support our Development SQUAD Performance SQUAD. These are teams of enthusiastic young climbers who train hard and compete with good spirit. The competitions we train for give the climbers purpose and clear goals to aim for, whilst the opportunity to climb regularly at various walls and develop high level techniques is the true motivation for this ongoing program.
Who are the SQUADs for?
The Southampton Climbing SQUADs are open to any junior climber (8-18yrs) who have a moderate ability for their age, personally motivated to develop and a keen, mature attitude to participate in athletic training for climbing.
Both the Squads include:
- Free climbing at Southampton Climbing Wall at all times
- Low coaching ratios between 1:4 – 1:6 for Performance and 1:6 – 1:8 for Development depending on the session. All coaching by experienced and dedicated climbing coaches.
- All needed equipment including ropes for lead climbing (all climbers are expected to have their own shoes)
- Support and advice at all climbing competition events
- Area for parents to communicate online to help arrange shared lifts to training and events
- Easy to use online system to sign up to training sessions
- Personalised training programs where needed
Please note that transport to training events and competitions is not included.
Please note that above costs do not include competition registration or entry. This will be an additional responsibility for parents and we will advise on how to register and what it will cost once this information is available from the respective competition organisers.