Junior Climbing Residential 2016 – Peak District
Monday 25th July – Thursday 28th July
This year Southampton Climbing Wall’s residential trip is to Stanage in the Peak District, a mecca of climbing and bouldering. Every junior climber will find a challenge at the right level with a gritstone outcrop over a mile long and with over 2000 climbing routes.
We’ll be staying in a bunk house in the heart of the action, in the evenings there will be some fun activities including a night-line, slacklining and a climbing quiz, then climbing on some of the best rock that Britain has to offer during the daytime.
- Who's it for?
There is climbing across all the grades and anyone between 11 -18 will be welcomed, with lots of experience, or just a little. This is ideally suited to all the junior climbers in the SCW Junior Climbing Club from 11 years old. There will be 3 very experienced instructors and we will be able to work with all climbers at all levels. If you are unsure if this is for you / your child then please just give us a call and we can chat about the suitability.
- Dates & Times
Schedule outline for Monday 25th July – Thursday 28th July:
- Monday 8:00am – Drop you children off at Southampton Climbing Wall
- Monday afternoon – Bouldering in the UK’s best bouldering locations.
- Tuesday – Day of top-rope climbing on gritstone routes from 3+ to 7c. Followed by evening activities.
- Wednesday – Day of top-rope + Lead climbing at on limestone routes at all grades. Followed by evening activities.
- Thursday – Morning of bouldering.
- Thursday – Arriving back at SCW for 8pm.
- We will be staying at the Homestead & Cheesehouse bunkhouse in the heart of the Peak District
The price per child is just £310 (10% reduction to £279 for SCW Junior Climbing Club members) and this includes:
- 3 nights bunkhouse accommodation
- Low ratio instruction and supervision with highly experienced instructors
- All equipment
- All food and drink including three meals a day plus healthy snacks (first meal provided is Monday evening, last is Thursday lunchtime and sandwiches on journey back. Please provide a packed lunch for Journey to the Peaks on Monday)
All children must also bring £15 in cash that will be used to pay for up to two days indoor climbing in the case of bad weather. We hope for good weather, in which case this money will be returned.
For the members of the SCW Junior Climbing Club there is a 10% discount on all outdoor climbing events including this residential, making this price just £279. Please still complete the booking / payment form on the next tab and select to say you are a club member to receive your discount.
- Book Online
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –Sign up for the 2016 residential to Swange hereFill out my online form.